Joint programmes: Quality Assurance and Recognition of degrees awarded
JOQAR denotes Joint programmes: Quality Assurance and Recognition of degrees awarded. The overall purpose of the project is to ensure that Erasmus Mundus programmes (and joint programmes in general) are facilitated in two specific areas: accreditation and recognition. The project partnership consequently includes quality assurance/accreditation agencies (QA/A agencies) and recognition bodies (ENIC-NARICs).
Grant: EUR 311.928,59 (75% of total eligible costs)
Project duration: 01 October 2010- 31 October 2013
The external QA and accreditation of joint programmes is a challenge for both joint programmes and QA/A agencies as it normally includes multiple national accreditation procedures. The project instead seeks to promote single accreditation procedures through;
- the development of a multilateral recognition agreement regarding QA and accreditation results and
- by the establishment of a European coordination point for external QA and accreditation of joint programmes.
There are currently also a lot of problems with the recognition of the degrees awarded by joint programmes which the project seeks to solve through the following specific objectives:
- Awareness-raising among higher education institutions and joint programmes about ENIC-NARICs’ expectations regarding joint programmes, the design of the degree they award and the content of the diploma supplement.
- The establishment of a common ground among ENIC-NARICs regarding the recognition of degrees awarded by joint programmes.
- Transparent information provision regarding Erasmus Mundus programmes through the Qrossroads database (http://www.qrossroads.eu/).
With the support of the Erasmus Mundus action 3 (Promotion of European higher education) of the European Union.
Principles for accreditation procedures regarding joint programmes
Click here to consult the principles for accreditation procedures regarding joint programmes.
Here are the quick links to ECA's working parties (only accessible for members):